Typing Websites & Games
NitroType is a fun racing-themed site where you can practice your typing, earn achievements and rewards, and race again your friends. Be sure to join using Ms. Stringfellow's join link to earn an extra $50,000 bonus!
When you enter a race in NitroType, you are racing again real people from all over the world. You can also invite your classmates to a personal race using the "Invite Friends" link.
If you dislike competition or want a break from racing against others, try the practice races. You can get to one by going to your Garage and clicking the link for "Practice Race."
Fun to Type is a sister site to NitroType. Play lots of cool typing games for free. No account is needed, but you can create one if you want to save your scores.
Learning to type takes patience and practice. Although people can learn to type quickly by using the "hunt and peck" method of looking and typing, you will never become as fast or efficient as possible with that method. Here are some tips to help you become a better typist:
- Use correct posture while typing.
- Sit up straight, with your feet flat on the floor, and your arms hanging comfortably at your sides.
- Make sure the computer or keyboard is not too close or too far away.
- Start with your fingers on the home row - ASDF JKL;
- Try closing your eyes or covering your hands while typing to keep yourself from cheating and looking at the keyboard.